It’s a victory Monday in Miami as the Dolphins have ended their 3 game skid and have something to be proud about again on a Monday morning. This week took a lot of strong individual strong performances to help the Phins upset the hot Seattle Seahawks.
- Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas
- Oh where oh where did the running game go? Against a solid front 4 the Dolphins running game was finally able to bounce back. Reggie looked to have gained a step back into his game and Daniel Thomas ran with confidence and power. The two backs complimented each other this Sunday as the Dolphins totaled 189 yards on the ground. Reggie also looked like his old self, providing another highlight 30 yard touchdown run.
- The running game also helped set up the play action pass while taking pressure off rookie Ryan Tannehill who clearly was more comfortable with the support of the run game. Establishing the run is very important to this team for many reasons.
Hopefully this week’s performance on the ground will be one of more to come.
- Charles Clay
- Charles Clay career in Miami has not been anything to write home about, aside from the odd breakdown in coverage which led to a touchdown Clay hasn’t really been able to be productive in this offense. Finally we saw a little of what Clay can do to help this offense on Sunday. Clay hauled in 6 grabs for 84 yards and a touchdown.
- The Dolphins clearly need a 3rd option after Bess and Hartline and it seems Mike Sherman is trying to work Charles Clay into that role. Clay can be a huge X-factor in the Dolphins offense if utilized correctly.
- We will see if this is a fluke performance or if Clay is ready to break out of his shell. Philbin on Clay: "He had some opportunities that he took advantage of. We thought he blocked well. Not sure it was any kind of revelation."
- Davone Bess
- With Brian Hartline draped by Richard Sherman, Seattle’s elite corner, Bess had to step up and find ways to get up. Bess did exactly that on route to a career performance. Bess had 7 catches for 129 yards and was especially huge in the 4th quarter and on the Dolphins game winning drive. The Tannehill-Bess connection looked as good as it’s been all season this Sunday.
Bess and Hartline are now both on pace to have 1’000 yard seasons. Who would have thought !