We're back baby!
Your new look Miami Dolphins hit the field for the first time today in what should be an interesting and hopefully enjoyable 2013 NFL season. The Dolphins have many new faces headed into camp this year including very recently signed 3rd overall pick, Dion Jordan. The many free agent additions Jeff Ireland made this offseason got a chance to take in the Florida heat for the first time and got to see a glimpse of what it will be like to play in front of the Dolphins fan base which were on display with a crowd of over 2700, one of their largest training camp turnouts since 2006.
Here are a couple of tidbits from the first day of camp:
- 2nd year tight end Michael Egnew worked with the 3rd and 4th team today, while rookie Dion Sims worked with the 1st and 2nd team. Egnew, one year removed from being drafted in the 3rd round, will be on the roster bubble throughout camp.
- WR Brandon Gibson was working in the slot today.
- Rookie Dion Jordan will be placed on the NFI (non-football injury list) and can be activated to the roster at any time.
- Brent Grimes and Richard Marshall were working as the team's starting CB's, with Dimitri Patterson working as the team's nickel back.
- Head Coach Joe Philbin stressed the number one priority of this team will be winning the turnover battle.
- C Mike Pouncey refused to talk about the " free Hernandez" hat
- OG Lance Louis is still not 100% healthy, John Jerry is working in his spot.
Plenty of more news to come as training camp progresses, should be a fun off-season!